Sagamore Rowing Association (SRA) welcomes new members and provides an encouraging atmosphere for existing members to improve and expand their rowing abilities as a foundation to promote better health and quality of life.
To maintain an annual membership in good standing, a member must:
- Pay SRA annual membership dues for the current year. Dues are due no later than 60 days after the start of the membership year.
- Have completed required waiver forms as part of the online registration process.
- Comply with SRA rules and guidelines, including the SRA Bylaws and the SRA Code of Conduct.
- An annual member who is eighteen years of age or older and is in good standing is entitled to one vote to elect SRA Board of Directors.
- A member who has the right to vote is entitled to hold office, providing that member has been a voting member for at least one year prior to the election in which office is sought.
- Encouraged to volunteer at SRA by helping at work parties or regattas, serving on committees, and /or participating in other volunteer club activities.
- Responsible for reimbursing SRA for damages that he/she causes to any equipment or to club facilities if so determined by the Board of Directors.
Membership in SRA includes group membership in the United States Rowing Association. SRA does not provide insurance for personal equipment and will only provide limited liability and accidental insurance as provided by the organizational coverage of the U.S. Rowing Association.
Before members can use SRA equipment, rowing members must demonstrate competence and be approved by one of the designated club instructors.
SRA consists of the following categories of participation: Junior, College and Adult.
- JUNIORS – open to those who are, or intend to be active participants in high school level or modified level programming.
- College Membership – is open to registered college students who are, or intend to be active participants in the club’s activities. College students participating as a team member of an affiliated program are assessed on a semi-annual basis as a member of their team.
- ADULT Annual Membership – is open to adults who are or intend to be active participants at SRA.
Membership Fees for 2017 follow.
The membership year runs on an April to April basis, meaning the new membership year and boathouse access starts on April 1 and ends March 31 each year.
18+ years of age unless still an active undergrad) A discount of 15% is available to the spouse/household member of an annual adult SRA member.
Ages 27 and under registered college students
A maximum 4 years of college membership may be used (Beyond that one must be an Adult member)
Current participant with the Hofstra University or C.W. Post programs
Cost: $61.50 per semester
Current participant with an affiliated scholastic program not constructed as a SRA junior program.
Cost: $50 per semester
* Keys access will be granted to paying members who were key-holding members in the preceding year and to new members upon completion of the Captain’s Test. If you did not have a key in 2016, you are required to contact the club secretary before registering, email@example.com.